Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW 22" Water-Cooled 349 LB Half Cube Ice Machine
Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW Product Details
The Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW water-cooled modular ice machine produces up to 349 LB of full sized cube ice every 24 hours. The 22" wide cabinet of the CIM0320HW combines a stainless steel interior and exterior with fingerprint-proof plastic exterior panels for durability and aesthetics. The water-cooled unit does not require clearance on the sides for air intake and exhaust vents, since the water cooled condenser does not require air circulation. Therefore, you can install the unit in narrow spaces (minimum of 22") between other equipment without worrying about air circulation. Note that the CIM0320HW does require mounting on another piece of equipment for storage of ice, such as an ice storage bin, a beverage dispenser, or an ice dispenser.
The Half Cube ice that the Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW produces is popular with beverage retailing, because more ice can be added to a glass, due to its smaller size (7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8"). Half cube ice is ideal for dispensing applications, since the cube size decreases the possibility of jamming the dispener. Half cubes are also great for blended beverages since the cube is hard enough to be chopped by the blender blades without turning into a watery mess, but small enough to avoid getting jammed under the blades and burning out the blender motor.
The Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW requires a 115 volt electrical connection, two water lines in (one for the condenser and one potable for ice making), and a drain (such as a floor drain) that can handle the volume of water coming from both the purged mineral-laden water from ice making AND the warm waste water that was used in cooling the condenser. The Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW uses only 39 gallons of water to produce each 100 LB of ice it makes. However the water-cooled condenser requires significantly more water (up to 177 gallons per 100 LB of ice) and this waste-water needs to be drained out of the unit. While there is the benefit of not having any hot air vented into the surrounding area, a water-cooled unit goes through a large volume of water, so plan in advance. However, along with not requiring electricity for cooling fans, Ice-O-Matic has incorporated its Harvest-Assist technology to help remove ice from the evaporator surface more quickly, so there is some energy savings on electricity.
Ice-O-Matic has incorporated AgIon, an antimicrobial compound, into all internal surfaces that come into contact with water or ice. This protection reduces the growth of bacteria, slime, and fungus. In addition, you should always install a water filter system on the incoming water line and clean your ice machine regularly. The Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW water-cooled ice machine cuber head is a reliable choice for producing high-quality ice for your mid-sized business.
Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW Features
- Produces up to 349 LB of Full Cube Ice / 24 hours
- Cuber Head is just over 22" wide
- Combines a stainless steel interior and exterior with fingerprint-proof plastic side panels for durability
- Water-cooled Self-contained Condenser
Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW Ice Style
- Half Cube measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8"
- Half-sized cubes are popular for retailing since their smaller size allows for more ice per glass
- Great for drinks of any kind, dispensing, bagging or blended drinks
Ice-O-Matic CIM0320HW Benefits
- Growth of bacteria and slime fungus is reduced due to AgIon, the built-in antimicrobial protection compound
- Electroless Nickel Plating on Evaporator helps prevent long-term damaging effects of water and ice
- Fast, consistent ice production is available due to the harvest assist clearing ice off the freezing surface
- Water-cooled units maximize space usage with no side air vent clearance needed
- Water-cooled condenser means no hot air vented into surroundings
|Ship Weight||160 LB|
|Manufacturer Part #||CIM0320HW|
|24 Hour Yield||349 LB|
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Dimensions(HxWxD)||23.18" x 22.34" x 24.46"|
|Water Usage||27.3 gal/100 LB|
|Water Usage for Condenser||157 gal/100 LB|