Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW 30" Water-Cooled 898 LB Half Cube Ice Machine
Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW Product Details
The Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW water-cooled modular ice machine produces up to 898 LB of Half Cube ice every 24 hours, which is approximately 37 pounds of ice each hour. Half Cube ice measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8". The smaller cube made by the CIM0836HW is often used in ice dispensers because it is less likely to jam the dispensing mechanism. Half Cubes are also ideal for retail beverages since more cubes can fit in each glass. More ice per serving increases liquid displacement and thus there is less beverage in each glass sold, saving you money over time.
The cabinet of the Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW combines a stainless steel exterior front panel with fingerprint-proof plastic exterior side panels for durability and aesthetics. Furthermore, the Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW only measures 26" high and just over 30" wide. In addition, a water-cooled condenser does not require air circulation or any clearance on the right side for air intake and exhaust vents. Therefore, you can install the Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW in spaces that are only 30" wide. The cuber head only requires minimal clearance at the back for electrical and water connections.
For installation, note that the Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW requires a 208-230 volt electrical connection. It also requires 2 incoming water lines - a potable water line for ice-making and a second incoming water line for cooling the condenser. Because it has a water-cooled condenser, the CIM0836HW needs an external drain that can handle the large volume of run off water from ice-making and cooling the condenser. The Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW also needs to be installed on another piece of equipment, such as an ice storage bin, a beverage dispenser, or an ice dispenser.
Note that since the Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW is a water-cooled model, it will use a lot of water. First, it uses 23.1 gallons of water to make each 100 pounds of ice. Then the water-cooled condenser also requires more water (up to another 112 gallons per 100 pounds of ice produced which can reach 1005 gallons of water per day). After the water cools the condenser, it is considered waste-water. All of the waste water gets flushed, so plan for it and be certain to have an external water drain that can handle the water volume. Regarding electricity consumption, Ice-O-Matic has incorporated its Harvest-Assist technology to help remove ice from the evaporator surface more quickly, shortening the ice-making cycle. In the end, the CIM0836FW model only uses 5.7 kWH electricity for every 100 pounds of ice it makes.
One of the protective features of this cuber head is the electroless nickel plating Ice-O-Matic uses in the CIM0836HW's evaporator plate to reduce the long-term damaging effects of water and ice. Plus, in order to reduce the growth of bacteria, Ice-O-Matic has incorporated the AgION antimicrobial compound into the internal surfaces of the CIM0836HW that touch water or ice.
Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW Features
- ICE Series Ice Maker
- Produces up to 898 LB Half Cube Ice / 24 hours
- Water-cooled Self-contained Condenser
- 30" Wide, 26" High cabinet design
- Incorporates a stainless steel interior and exterior, along with fingerprint-proof plastic exterior panels
- 208-230v/60Hz/1-ph, 9.8 amps
Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW Ice Style
- Half Cube ice measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8"
- Half-sized cubes are popular because their smaller size means more ice per glass
- Great for drinks of any kind, dispensing applications, or making blended beverages
Ice-O-Matic CIM0836HW Benefits
- Growth of bacteria and slime fungus is reduced due to AgIon, the built-in antimicrobial protection compound
- Electroless Nickel Plating on Evaporator helps prevent long-term damaging effects of water and ice
- Fast, consistent ice production is available due to the harvest assist clearing ice off the freezing surface
- Water-cooled units maximize space usage with no side air vent clearance needed
- Water-cooled condenser means no hot air vented into surroundings
|Ship Weight||210 LB|
|24 Hour Yield||898 LB|
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Dimensions(HxWxD)||20.06" x 30.13" x 24.25"|
|Water Usage||23.1 gal/100 LB|
|Water Usage for Condenser||112 gal/100 LB|