Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW 30" Water-Cooled 540 LB Full Cube Ice Machine
Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW Product Details
The Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW water-cooled modular ice machine produces up to 540 LB of full sized cube ice every 24 hours. The cabinet of the ICE0500FW has an Ultra low profile and combines a stainless steel interior and exterior with fingerprint-proof plastic exterior panels for durability and aesthetics. Furthermore, the functional design of the Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW saves space, at 20" high and just over 30" wide. The water-cooled unit does not require clearance on the right side or back for air intake and exhaust vents, since the water-cooled condenser does not require air circulation. Therefore, you can install the unit in narrow spaces.
The ice that the Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW produces is larger and so it takes a while to melt, due to the full cube size (7/8" x 7/8" x 7/8"). Full cube ice is popular for "on-the-rocks" drinks, since it keeps beverages colder with less dilution of your beverages.
When considering your installation location, note that the Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW requires a 115 volt electrical connection. It also requires 2 incoming water lines - a potable water line for ice-making and a second incoming water line for cooling the condenser. The ICE0500FW also needs an external drain that can handle the volume of water from both the run off from ice making AND the cooling of the condenser. The Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW also requires mounting on another piece of equipment that can hold ice, such as an ice storage bin, a beverage dispenser, or an ice dispenser. Since the Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW is a water-cooled model, it will use a lot of water. First, it uses 29.9 gallons of water to make each 100 pounds of ice. However the water-cooled condenser also requires more water (up to another 132 gallons per 100 pounds of ice produced which can reach 713 gallons of water on a full 540 LB ice-making day) and this waste-water is ALL drained out of the unit. However, there is some saving on electricity, since along with not requiring electricity for cooling fans, Ice-O-Matic has incorporated its Harvest-Assist technology to help remove ice from the evaporator surface more quickly, shortening the ice-making cycle. While there is a lot more water wasted with a water-cooled ice machine, the electrical options translate to less time and electricity producing ice.
In addition, due to the electroless nickel plating Ice-O-Matic uses in the ICE0500FW, the long-term damaging effects of water and ice on the evaporator plate are prevented. The growth of bacteria, slime, and fungus on internal surfaces where water touches is reduced because Ice-O-Matic has incorporated the antimicrobial compound called AgIon into the Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW internal surfaces.
Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW Features
- Produces up to 540 LB of Full Cube Ice / 24 hours
- 30" Wide cabinet design is Ultra Low Profile at 20" High
- Combines a stainless steel interior and exterior with fingerprint-proof plastic side panels for durability
- Water-cooled Self-contained Condenser
Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW Ice Style
- Classic, full-sized cubes are the most common cube type
- Full Cube measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 7/8"
- Great for drinks of any kind, displays, retailing or dispensing
Ice-O-Matic ICE0500FW Benefits
- Growth of bacteria and slime fungus is reduced due to AgIon, the built-in antimicrobial protection compound
- Electroless Nickel Plating on Evaporator helps prevent long-term damaging effects of water and ice
- Fast, consistent ice production is available due to the harvest assist clearing ice off the freezing surface
- Water-cooled units maximize space usage with no side air vent clearance needed
- Water-cooled condenser means no hot air vented into surroundings
|Ship Weight||170 LB|
|24 Hour Yield||540 LB|
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Dimensions(HxWxD)||20" x 30.13" x 24.25"|
|Water Usage||29.9 gal/100 LB|
|Water Usage for Condenser||132 gal/100 LB|