Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW 22" Water-Cooled 527 LB Half Cube Ice Machine
Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW Product Details
The Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW water-cooled modular ice machine produces up to 527 LB of Half Cube ice every 24 hours. The ICE0520HW's 22" Wide Cabinet is constructed with a stainless steel interior and exterior with fingerprint-proof plastic exterior side panels. The water-cooled unit does not require clearance on the sides for air intake and exhaust vents, since the water cooled condenser does not require air circulation. Therefore, you can install the unit in narrow spaces (minimum of 22").
The Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW produces Half Cube ice that measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8". The half cube is popular with businesses that provide self-serve beverage dispensing since the smaller cube size means fewer dispenser jams. Retailers also like half cube ice because more half cubes can fit in a glass, so there is an increase in liquid displacement and therefore less beverage being served.
For installation, the Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW requires a 115 volt electrical connection, two water lines in (one potable and one for cooling the condenser), and an external drain that can handle the volume from both the purged water from ice making AND the waste water from cooling the condenser. The ICE0520HW is a modular cuber head and therefore requires mounting on another piece of equipment for the ice to drop into, such as an ice storage bin, a beverage dispenser, or an ice dispenser. The Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW uses only 23.2 gallons of water to produce each 100 LB of ice. However the water-cooled condenser uses significantly more water (up to 128 gallons per 100 LB of ice) and this waste-water is flushed after each ice making cycle. However, electricity use is reduced because there are no cooling fans required. In addition, Ice-O-Matic has incorporated its Harvest-Assist technology to help dislodge ice from the ICE0520HW's evaporator surface more quickly. This shortens the ice-making cycle, meaning less electrical consumption. While a water-cooled ice machine does uses more water than a comparable air-cooled model, the electrical efficiencies add up to some savings on energy costs.
Ice-O-Matic PURE ICE technology includes the antimicrobial compound called AgIon which is incorporated directly into the surfaces that come into contact with water or ice. The safe, non-toxic AgIon compound uses silver ions to help prevent the growth of bacteria, slime, and fungus. In addition, you should install a water filter system on the incoming water line and clean your Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW ice machine regularly so that you can be assured of Pure Ice for your customers or employees.
Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW Features
- Produces up to 527 LB of Full Cube Ice / 24 hours
- Cuber Head is just over 22" wide
- Combines a stainless steel interior and exterior with fingerprint-proof plastic side panels for durability
- Water-cooled Self-contained Condenser
Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW Ice Style
- Half Cube measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/8"
- Half-sized cubes are popular for retailing since their smaller size allows for more ice per glass
- Great for drinks of any kind, dispensing, bagging or blended drinks
Ice-O-Matic ICE0520HW Benefits
- Growth of bacteria and slime fungus is reduced due to AgIon, the built-in antimicrobial protection compound
- Electroless Nickel Plating on Evaporator helps prevent long-term damaging effects of water and ice
- Fast, consistent ice production is available due to the harvest assist clearing ice off the freezing surface
- Water-cooled units maximize space usage with no side air vent clearance needed
- Water-cooled condenser means no hot air vented into surroundings
|Ship Weight||175 LB|
|Manufacturer Part #||ICE0520HW|
|24 Hour Yield||527 LB|
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Dimensions(HxWxD)||23.08" x 22.34" x 24.46"|
|Water Usage||23 gal/100 LB|
|Water Usage for Condenser||128 gal/100 LB|